Alfred’s Luggage pick and delivery services aims to liberate travelers from worrying about their luggage so they can enjoy their travel up to the very last minute.
Customer will pick-up slot at a time that’s convenient for them, given a 30min time slot flexibility, usually the day before their train or flight or departure. Alfred will collect luggage from Hotel, airport or trains stations within its service area.
Alfred’s friendly drivers will secure and seal the bags, transport them to location of of the drop-off selected by the Customer (Hotel, airport or trains stations within its service area), within a 30min time slot, usually shortly before travel.
Booking only becomes effective and binding on the Customer acceptance of these Terms and despatch of an e-mail confirmation of the Booking to the Customer’s notified email address.
Confirming the order summary constitutes an electronic signature. This signature has the same value as a handwritten signature for both parties and acts as proof of the totality of the order and of the payability of the sums owed for this order.
Please note: the Company reserves the right not to confirm the order in the event of existing disputes with the Customer, of total or partial non-payment of an order by the Customer, or of a card payment being declined by a banking organisation. Alfred reserve the right to decline to accept any Booking but if we do so, we will send you an email notice to that effect.
Luggage Delivery Service
For this Service, a booking summary is sent to the client upon validation of the booking.
The summary includes: date and time of Luggage drop-off and pick-up, location of the drop-off, location of the pick-up, number of pieces of Luggage, total price.
All Bookings can be amended free of charge up to 48 hours before the Scheduled Time (subject to relevant additional charges for service changes) in order to be eligible for a full refund.
We will endeavour not to cancel or change your Booking once it has been accepted. However, from time to time it may be necessary and we reserve the right to do so.
Booking mandatory information
You must provide Alfred with valid contact telephone and email details in order to ensure that contact is possible at any time for updates, amendments or alterations to your booking.
6.3 Responsibilities & Liability
We shall ensure that the Services are provided with reasonable skill and care including using reasonable endeavors to deliver your Bag to the Delivery Address by the Scheduled Time.
Subject to paragraph 6.8 (Events outside our control) if we fail to deliver the Bag to the Delivery Address by the Scheduled Time due to circumstances within our control and your bag consequently misses your flight/train/departure, we will ensure that the Bag is sent on to your final ticketed destination, at no additional cost.
We will only accept and deliver the Bag for the person we reasonably believe to be the Customer.
Customer must provide a photographic ID to the agent at collection luggage and sign a bill of collection stating : date, hour and delivery address, number of bags.
Customer warrant that:
He/she have authority to deal with the Bag and its contents; and
the Bag contains no Prohibited Items (as defined by national law).
It is the Customers’ responsibility to ensure that all Bags are insured to the value of the contents of the Bags. We do not insure any Bags independently, as we do not have access to details of their contents and value.
Insurance proposals will be made by Alfred at the time of the booking, therefore it is the Customer’s responsibility to choose appropriate insurance offer accordingly.
You agree to be present at the agreed times as set out in your Booking and if you fail to do so the procedures set out in Section 6.11 shall apply.
Subject to the following provisions of this paragraph, except in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or that of our agents, our liability to the Customer for loss and/or damage caused by our negligence or breach of contract or otherwise which arises out of or in connection with the provision of or failure to provide the Services or their use by the Customer shall be limited as follows:
- We shall have no liability for loss of or damage to Excluded Items or Prohibited Items;
- In the case of lost, delayed or damaged Bags (including missing contents), we will make payment in accordance with our compensation policy but our liability shall not in any event exceed 1200€ per person;
- In relation to the Services generally (other than for lost, delayed or damaged Bags (including missing contents), our liability shall not exceed €500 in aggregate per Booking
- Subject to clause 11.2. in cases where the delivery of Bags is delayed by more than 24 hours, we will re-imburse the Customer the reasonable cost of essential toiletries and essential clothing for every night they are left without access to their Bags for up to a maximum of 3 nights.
- We shall not be liable to the Customer, for negligence, breach of contract or otherwise, for any indirect, special or consequential loss, nor for any losses arising from business interruption, wasted management time, loss of goodwill or loss of data, whether or not arising in the normal course of business.
- We shall not be liable to the Customer or deemed to be in breach of the Terms by reason of any delay in performing or any failure to perform any of our obligations under the Terms if the delay or failure was due to any circumstances beyond our reasonable control in accordance with section 6.8 and 6.5 of these Terms.
- We shall, in any event, have no liability in respect of any claim for damaged Bags (including missing items), that is not notified to us by the Customer in writing with sufficient detail as to the nature and amount of the claim within seven (7) days of the circumstances giving rise to the claim. You must then provide documentation supporting your loss within a further fourteen (14) days.
- We shall, in any event, have no liability in respect of any claim for lost or delayed Bags that is not notified to us by the Customer in writing with sufficient detail as to the nature and amount of the claim within twenty-one (21) days of the circumstances giving rise to the claim. You must then provide documentation supporting your loss within a further fourteen (14) days.
- Although we provide Services in co-operation with airlines, the airlines are not responsible for our Services and have no liability, whether under or in connection with this Contract or otherwise, for our negligence, breach of contract or other failure in connection with the Services
- The Customer acknowledges that the limitations of liability as set out in this paragraph are fair and reasonable in the circumstances and have been taken into account and reflected in the level of the prices charged.
Customer right to cancel
Booking cancellations must be made via the Customer’s online Alfred’s account or directly through the Alfred Customer Services Team. Last minute email requests for cancellation may not be upheld due to service centre response times.
A Booking cancellation is only confirmed and complete when Customer receives a cancellation confirmation email from Alfred.
Cancellations must be made 48 hours or more before the booked collection time to be eligible for a refund. Bookings cancelled after Bags have been collected are not eligible for a refund. Additional costs may apply to repatriate Bags.
In the event of cancellation in accordance with present terms, you will receive a full refund of the price you have paid for the Booking. We will process the refund as soon as possible and, in any case, within seven (14) days of the day on which you gave us notice of cancellation.
Our right to cancel
We reserve the right to cancel your Booking if the Domestic Delivery Address provided at the time of Booking is not an existing delivery address validated by us and we are unable to validate the address as a Domestic Delivery Address following your Booking. If we are unable to validate the address provided as a Domestic Delivery Address, we will notify you by email as soon as possible and provide you with the opportunity to provide us with an alternative Domestic Delivery Address.
We also reserve the right to cancel your Booking in accordance with our Fair Usage Policy set out in section 6.5 of these Terms.
Alfred may cancel a Booking at any time, in which case Alfred expressly agrees not to be paid the planned amount. The Customer will be refunded the entire amount paid online for this Booking and will be able to carry out a new Booking.
Cancellations may be made without justification.
To cancel a confirmed Booking, the Customer email email@example.com and express his wish to cancel. Alfred will confirm the reception of the email and cancel the service if the cancellation is in line with the above-mentioned rule.
6.5 Termination of the contract for the Luggage Delivery Service
When the Luggage is dropped off, the Customer has the right to terminate the service in the event of the other party's failure to comply with their commitments (unauthorized items in Luggage, non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions, etc.).
Furthermore, Customers accept the following consequences in the event of termination:
- In the event of a Customer’s non-compliance with their commitments and/or with these Terms and Conditions, they will not be refunded by Alfred for the terminated Booking.
- In the event of a Alfred’s non-compliance with their commitments and/or with these Terms and Conditions: Alfred agrees to refund the Customer the amount paid online for this Booking in full or in part.
The Party who wishes to terminate the Booking must inform Alfred of this by using the contact form available on the Website. Any termination request must be sufficiently justified.
6.6 Security arrangements
As part of our security procedures, your Bag may be screened by our personnel.
Your Bag will not be opened and/or searched by our personnel without your consent save where we are required to do so by Customs, Border Force, the Police Force, any other regulatory or governmental authority.
6.7 Fair usage policy
We reserve the right to reject or subsequently cancel Bookings where we believe there to be miss-use of our Services by you or a third party for commercial gain.
6.8 Liability and events outside our control
We shall not be liable for any failure to provide the Services arising from any event outside our control or any action by you or any third party including:
• failure to provide accurate information at the time of booking and provide relevant documentation and photographic ID at the time of collection and/or delivery;
• failure to meet national security requirements.
• failure to attend the collection or delivery of your Bag at the agreed times as specified in your Booking.
• national or local disruption in ground, railroad or road network;
• The actions of Customs, the Border Force, the Police Force, any other regulatory or governmental authority or the airport operator.
• failure to ensure the bag is within the weight allowance as per the airline booking;
• failure to ensure the number of bags to be checked in is within the allowance as per the airline booking; and
• failure to directly advise us of any last minute amendments to your airline booking, including changes to flight, cancellation of flight and amendments to luggage allowances.
We shall not be liable for any damage to any Bag or its contents arising from any event outside our control or action by any third party.
Depositary's liability & Insurance for the Luggage Delivery Service
Alfred is responsible for returning the Luggage in the state in which it was dropped off. From the time of drop-off onwards, Alfred is the guardian of the items.
Insurance for the Luggage Delivery Service
Alfred has taken out an insurance policy for Customers who have a confirmed Booking on the Website. This insurance covers the material value of the goods stored. The insurance policy includes basic coverage (damage, loss, destruction, theft) combined with an excess of 10% (at the Alfred expense) and a compensation limit.
In the event of damage, the Customer must inform Alfred immediately via email to we-are-alfred@alfred,travel specifying the Damage.
No complaint of any kind will be accepted more than 72 hours after the Luggage return time indicated in the Booking summary.
6.10 Luggage Collection Conditions
One participating customer must be present during Luggage collection with their official identity document available for presentation.
It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure the size and weight of their luggage are within their booked allowance on Alfred’s Website during booking. For health and safety reasons we cannot transport bags over 32kg.
In the unlikely event that Alfred miss the window to deliver the customer’s bags, we will provide the customer with a full refund.
Collection by us from the Customer at the Airport or Train Station (Inward flight or train)
If the Customer fails to attend at the agreed meeting point within 30 minutes of the Scheduled Time we reserve the right to cancel the Booking and in these circumstances no refund will be made. If your inbound flight or train is significantly delayed we will endeavor to accommodate a revised collection and delivery time within our operating constraints and hours.
Acceptance at Customer Delivery Address (Inward flight or train)
If the Customer fails to attend within 10 mins from the start of the Scheduled Time at the Customer Delivery Address, we reserve the right to leave the Customer Delivery Address without liability. We shall endeavor to arrange with the Customer a revised collection time or location within our operating constraints and hours and an additional charge may apply.
Collection at Customer Collection Address (Outward flight and train)
If the Customer fails to attend within 10 mins from the start of the Scheduled Time at the Customer Collection Address, we reserve the right to leave the Customer Collection Address without liability. We shall endeavor to arrange with the Customer a revised collection time or location within our operating constraints and hours and an additional charge may apply.
6.11 Luggage return
Alfred is obligated to return the Customer’s Luggage with them in the same state in which it was dropped off.
The Customer is obligated to check that the returned Baggage is in the same state in which it was dropped off and that all the belongings stored are returned. In the event of a dispute, the Customer must contact Alfred before leaving the place in order to make a complaint. No complaint of any kind will be accepted if it is made after leaving the place of drop-off.
The Customer is advised to take a photo of the Luggage stored when dropping it off.
Moreover, Alfred is obligated to return the Luggage only to the Customer who dropped it off and not to anyone else. For this reason, the Customer must present their Booking summary and ID.
For added security, before returning the Luggage concerned, Alfred must ask the Customer to describe the quantity and characteristics of the Luggage given.
In the event of Luggage not being returned to the Customer, Alfred may open a claim with its insurer. Alfred assumes full liability for any non-return of Luggage attributable to them.
Extra fees for Repatriation of Luggage to the Customer at the Airport or Train Station (Outward flight and train) and storage
If the Customer fails to attend the Airport Delivery Address, Train Station Delivery Address within 90 minutes of the start of their Scheduled Time (or 45min prior to flight or train departure, whichever is the earliest) we reserve the right to leave the site.
Customer must contact Alfred to arrange a new delivery time and an additional charge of 80€ per new delivery scheduled time may apply including, if necessary, an overnight luggage storage charge as followed:
Price per luggage per hour stored outside the booking condition of Delivery Services (section 6) and following hour 9pm-9am.
5€ per hour per luggage
Repatriation fees per delivery
6.12 Specific conditions for Storage Services
Storage is an act whereby Alfred receives an item belonging to someone else (customer). Alfred is obligated to look after it and to return it at the time agreed in the Booking. Storage involves three elements: drop-off of a movable item, obligation to look after the item and obligation to return it.
Alfred does not offer this service on its website. The Storage services are included within the scope of Delivery services. Storage duration of is meant to be less than 12 hours, duration between pick-up and same day delivery.
Alfred’s does not offer storage services overnight. Only two exceptions may arise :
- failure of a customer to collect his luggage, which will trigger extra fees that customers will be obligated to pay (accordingly to the section 6.12 and 6.11)
- Failure of Alfred to deliver/return the luggage in scheduled time. In that situation, Alfred will reimburse the full amount for each non-delivered luggage.
The Luggage Service purpose is to enable Customer to drop off their Luggage and leave it with Alfred where their belongings will be stored and delivered at the agreed time and agreed location.
The premises must be a private space used regularly by Alfred and where the Alfred use is authorized.
Alfred expressly agrees to keep the premises clean, enclosed, covered and off-limits to the public and to Customer.
Alfred reserve the right to check the contents of Luggage when it is dropped off and to refuse to store the Luggage for which the Booking was made if the Customer refuses the check or if its Luggage contents do not comply with clauses relating to the nature of belongings stored. If Alfred refuses to accept non-compliant luggage, or if the Customer refuses to have their luggage checked, the reservation will be cancelled without reimbursement of payments made online by the Customer.
Alfred will take all appropriate measures to be able to identify the Luggage dropped off by each Customer and therefore to be able to return the correct Luggage to the correct Customer. Failing this, Alfred will be liable for any error when returning Luggage.
The Booking summary received by the Customer includes some recommendations such as using a padlock on the Luggage, for the Customer, or checking the content of the Luggage before being picked-up by Alfred.
Following fees will apply, accordingly to the present terms :
Price per luggage per hour stored outside the booking condition of Delivery Services (section 6) 5
Nature of the belongings transported or stored
Luggage includes suitcases and bags of all kinds, sizes and weights, with or without wheels, as well as foldable buggies, that a Customer wishes to Alfred, excluding the items below:
• Luggage exceeding a unit weight of 32 kgs,
• Baggage with a height, width or depth exceeding 1.50 meters,
• Metal trunks,
• Important personal effects such as keys, wallets, identity documents, passport, driver's license, handwritten documents, property titles and other official documents, business papers, travel tickets, credit cards, cash or any other means of payment, securities etc.,
• Mobile phones and smartphones, digital tablets, digital readers, laptops or not, cameras and all photographic, radio, sound or image recording or reproduction devices as well as their accessories,
• Any good whose unit value exceeds €1000: luggage and luxury bags, watches, fishing rods, golf clubs and more generally all sports equipment, clocks, porcelain, earthenware, trinkets and decorative objects, carpets, paintings, tapestries , furs, books, musical instruments, housewives, collections (is considered as a collection, the gathering of objects of the same nature, having a relation between them and being the object of a quotation between collectors) etc.,
• Metal or precious stone jewelry, fine pearls, works of art,
• Anything fragile: crockery, porcelain, earthenware, etc.,
• Food or perishables,
• Prostheses of all kinds, glasses and contact lenses,
• Cigarettes, tobacco and tobacco products,
• Liquids, wines and spirits,
• Chemicals, toxic or dangerous,
• Moldy, polluted or contaminated objects or goods,
• Firearms, ammunition, explosives, fuel and fireworks,
• Radioactive or dangerous materials,
• Liquid fuels (eg LPG, FOD, heavy fuel oil and similar products….),
• Combustible gases (eg acetylene, methane, butane and propane, hydrogen…),
• Flammable liquids,
• Illicit substances,
• Living beings (animals, plants or others),
• Stolen or illegally held goods or merchandise,
• Goods stored for commercial purposes,
• Computer files except blank information media.